At TezHost we strive to provide best of our services, guidance and support to our clients. If you are our client and you want to convert cPanel account or package into an addon domain of some other cPanel account. Please note, there are prerequisites for this, you must have the option to add an addon domain in that cPanel account.
If you’re a reseller customer or Shared hosting customer having Deluxe or Ultimate web hosting package and would like to convert or migrate a full-fledged cPanel account to an addon domain, please follow these steps:
- Take a backup of your entire cPanel account you wish to convert (using cPanel’s Backup feature) and save the backup file locally on your PC. You can utilize cPanel’s partial backup feature to backup files, databases, email filters, etc. which can be found in cPanel > Backup section as explained here.
- If you have email accounts added to this account, make sure to configure them locally in your email client application like Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, or Apple Mail etc).
- Ask our technical support to terminate your hosting package if you or shared and if you are Reseller then remove cPanel account via WHM > Account Functions > Terminate accounts option.
- Log in to the destination account cPanel account(where you want to migrate), and create an addon domain via domain section>addon domain.
- Create the necessary databases, and then import database backups (MySQL dumps: .sql files) from the old account backup, you will see them in old account backup by opening that with some archive application like WinRar or 7zip etc.
- Create the email accounts for the new addon domain, as well from your destination cPanel account using Email>Email accounts. Import/migrate email messages you’ve backed up in first step earlier to new email accounts. You can learn how to do this online.
- Restore files and folders you saved in backup. Upload the backup archive to the server via FTP or through the File Manager function of cPanel and then restore it: right-click on the uploaded archive and then select the extract button.
- Modify the configuration file of your website and paste new MySQL credentials there, and check your website.