How to Connect WHM to Your WHMCS? ©
In this blog post, we will learn how to connect WHM to your WHMCS.
Let’s first have a look at what is WHM & WHMCS!
What is WHM?
This is an administrative control tool also known as Web Host Manager. It enables the user to handle the back end of numerous cPanel accounts.
You can manage individual accounts and establish server-side restrictions using WHM.
What is WHMCS?
The abbreviation WHMCS means Web Host Manager Complete Solution.
This is so because Web Host Manager was used to build WHMCS as a control panel that enabled the automated installation of cPanel web hosting accounts.
What is WHMCS Used for?
A web hosting client administration panel with all the bells and whistles is called WHMCS. Its main objective is to give web hosting companies a shopping cart system that they can incorporate into their websites so that customers can buy web hosting services.
WHMCS interacts with a wide range of web hosting servers and related programs, unlike a standard shopping cart.
Thus, when a customer buys a service from your website, WHMCS will take payment, establish a user account for the customer to control their service, and automatically provide the web hosting account on the hosting server.
By using this method, web hosting companies can avoid doing hours of tedious manual work and greatly simplify the onboarding of new clients.
Now that you know what is WHM & WHMCS and what are they used for, let’s see how to connect both.
How to connect WHM to your WHMCS?
It is easy to connect WHM to WHMCS. It is among the final steps in starting up your reseller company. The last step is integrating WHM with WHMCS after buying and installing WHMCS.
To connect your WHM to WHMCS, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your WHMCS account.
2. Click the Setup button on a header bar.
3. Then, click Products/Services from a drop-down menu.
4. When you click on the Products/Services, another drop-down menu will appear. Click on the Servers.
5. After clicking Servers, a page will appear (just like the one given in the picture below). Click, the Add New Server
6. On the server page there will appear a form. In this form, you have to fill in all the fields such as Name, Hostname, IP Address, Type, and WHM username & password. Make sure that you double-check the information you have provided.
7. Now, Click on the Test Connection button under the Server Details Section in the form.
8. This is the very last step of the process. Once again, check all the information you filled in the form. Also, save the credentials with you. Now, Click the Save Changes button
Now, you are all good to go! WHM is connected to your WHMCS.
For more such tutorials, head on to our blogs section!